The Manduka X Mat is the latest innovative mat that joined the Manduka family of yoga mats which was launched earlier this month along with the Spring 2017 apparel collection.
It’s also known as the Manduka X Yoga Mat, Manduka X Fitness Yoga Mat, and Manduka X Yoga and Exercise Mat. Rest assured that these names all refer to the same product.
Read this review to find out if this mat is a fit for you!
Who Should Use the Manduka X Mat?
- The Manduka X Fitness Yoga Mat is a cross functional mat designed for active people who incorporate yoga, pilates, stretching, etc. into their workout routine.
- For those who want to own one mat so that they do yoga and other exercises without having to invest in a separate yoga mat right away.
- Weighs 3.7 lbs
- Length 71” x 24”
- 5 mm thickness
- Made of Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE) and is 6P free
- 100% latex-free
- Non-toxic, eco-friendly manufacturing
Special Features— Demystified!
- Lightweight, and portable to carry on the go!
- Shock-absorbent cushioning to protect joints and bones
- Highly Textured Dry Grip Technology
So you stay in place for increased performance
Extra grip for dry palms because of the surface texture
- Hygienic Closed Cell Construction
To keep sweat and moisture from absorbing into your mat
Does the Manduka X Mat Need To Be Broken Into? What Method Do We Use To Do This?
Good news! Unlike the Manduka PRO series mat, the Manduka X does not have a break in period– it’s ready to use straight out of the packaging.
Is the Manduka X Yoga Mat Suitable for Power and Ashtanga Yoga?
If you have a regular intense Power or Ashtanga yoga practice, you’re better off investing in a Manduka PRO or PROlite mat as both of them are designed to withstand an intense practice and is covered by a Lifetime Guarantee. The PRO mat is also the most dense and supportive for vigorous practices.
If you want to use the Manduka X Fitness Yoga mat for Power and Ashtanga here and there, you can certainly use it but you would need to invest in a performance yoga towel (read my review on the Yogitoes yoga mat towel) for extra sweat absorption and grip.
Is the Manduka X Mat Suitable for Gentler Types of Yoga (Iyengar, and Restorative)? Is it too thick and dense?
The Manduka X is a great option for gentler yoga classes as it’s relatively thick, dense, and supportive, while being lighter in weight the Manduka PRO which is Manduka’s thickest mat.
The Manduka X mat is not too thick or dense for Iyengar and Restorative yoga.
Can the Manduka X be Used for Hot and Bikram Yoga?
Yes it can, but it’s recommended to pair it with a performance yoga towel for more grip and sweat absorption.
Taking Care of Your Manduka X Mat
After each use, wipe the mat with the Manduka All Purpose Mat Wash. Using other products may damage your mat’ surface and cause slippage during your practice. Don’t submerge, shower or soak the mat in water.
- You can use either side of the mat
- Made free of chemical solvents in an energy-efficient facility
- Save money (you have a 2-in-1 exercise and yoga mat)
- Multipurpose mat for yoga, pilates, stretching, crossfit, other exercises
- Can be used outdoors, at the gym, studio, and at home
- You get a wet and dry grip mat at a lower price point compared to other Manduka mats
- The Manduda X is not covered by a lifetime guarantee (unlike the Manduka PRO and PROlite series mats)
- Recommended to pair with a performance yoga mat towel (like the Yogitoes Yoga Mat Towel) to add more grip and sweat absorbency when practicing yoga
Final Thoughts – Summary
Manduka is a leading pioneer in creating eco-conscious sustainable high quality performance yoga mats (over 2 million mats were sold since the launch of the company in 1997).
With the growing trend in crossover workouts and athletes adding in yoga as a secondary activity to their workouts, the release of Manduka X —an eco-conscious high quality cross training mat available at the lowest price point—comes at a perfect time!
The Manduka X Fitness Yoga mat is a great pick for those looking for a lightweight and versatile mat for yoga, pilates, stretching and other exercises, but don’t want to invest in a separate yoga mat yet.
Where to Buy the Manduka X Fitness Mat?
The get an authentic Manduka X mat, the best place to get it is directly at Manduka or at the following e-retailers below
What do you think of the Manduka X? Is this something that will suit your lifestyle?
Leave a comment or question below.
PS: I respond to all comments.