The Yogitoes Yoga Mat towel, also known as the Yogitoes skidless yoga towel, is a non slip yoga mat towel which you place the on top on your mat with the silicone dots facing down.
Check out the rest of my review to find out why this Manduka yoga towel is so special from other regular yoga mat towels.
Specs and Features:
- Available in 2 sizes: Standard Size: Length: 68” x 24”; Long Size: Length: 80” x 25”
- Patented Skidless technology: 100% silicone nubs grip onto your mat and stay in place no matter how much you move and sweat
- Microfiber towel: 10% Nylon, 50% Recycled Polyester, 40% Virgin Polyester Microfiber
- Hygienic and absorbent
- Made from 8 recycled plastic bottles
- Dyes are free of AZO, lead and heavy metal dyes to protect workers, yoga practitioners, and the environment
Is The Yogitoes Yoga Towel Right for Me?
The Yogitoes yoga towel effectively absorbs your sweat and the silicone nubs, made with Skidless Technology, make you stay in place all throughout your yoga practice without slipping and sliding all over the place.
- If you practice any vigorous style of yoga such as Power, Ashtanga, Vinyasa and Yoga Flow, and Hot Yoga and Bikram Yoga, the Yogitoes non-slip yoga is an investment to seriously consider.
- Also even if you practice gentler types of yoga, if you’re the type of person who sweats a lot and finds that most yoga mats make you slip, this is also a solution!
Why is Yogitoes Different From Other Yoga Towels?
This yoga mat towel uses Skidless Technology which means that it has unique silicone nubs attached to the underside of the towel to make sure that the towel is grippy in both wet and dry conditions.
Because Manduka patented their Skidless technology you won’t find any yoga towel that performs like Yogitoes on the market.
Unlike other yoga towels, did you know that Yogitoes is made from 8 recycled plastic bottles which are woven into 50% poly yarn? This means that the making of this towel took 66% less energy to make than other yoga mat towels!
The dyes in the material are also free from toxic AZO, lead and heavy metals so you don’t have to worry about absorbing dangerous toxins into your bloodstream.
Tip: Before beginning your practice, experiment with slightly dampening Yogitoes in the areas of your hands and feet so that it already sticks.
Is is Necessary to Use a Yoga Towel in My Yoga Practice?
While you may already have a good quality mat depending on some factors (how sticky it is, much you sweat, what types of yoga you do, etc…), using a yoga mat towel may improve your yoga practice and make your hands and feet more comfortable.
In my research, many people reported that their enjoy their yoga practices so much more since they invested in a Yogitoes yoga towel because they are no longer slipping and sliding! Many also report that the Yogitoes performs the best out of all towels that they tried previously and that they ended repurchasing several of them.
If you don’t want to invest in a Yogitoes towel yet but you still want a high quality durable yoga towel at a lower price point, consider going for one of Manduka’s eQua yoga mat towels. Beware that these don’t have silicone nubs spread all over the towel.
How to Take Care of My Yogitoes Yoga Towel?
- Before first use, wash your Yogitoes yoga mat towel in the washing machine with cold water.
- While Manduka says you can wash this with like colors, I would machine wash separately on its own.
- Hang to dry.
- Because the Yogitoes yoga mat towel is free from AZO, lead and heavy metal dyes, you will experience dye loss in the first couple of initial washings which may continue beyond. Don’t worry though, the print and colors will not fade away to nothing.
- Avoid using detergents with fabric softener, dryer sheets, and fabric softener as this will make the towel slick.
- Avoid rolling up a damp Yogitoes with your yoga mat.
- Manduka is committed to sustainable practices: the towel is made from 8 recycled bottles
- Patented Skidless technology
- Grippy in both wet and dry conditions
- Absorbent (soaks up your sweat)
- So many colors and designs released in each new collection release
- As Manduka uses toxin-free dyes, expect some dye loss (but never total color fading though!)
When you check out the reviews on Amazon, you’ll see that the Manduka Yogitoes Skidless Yoga Towel has 94% positive reviews.
If you do intense yoga classes such as Power, Ashtanga, Flow, Bikram and Hot Yoga, then the Yogitoes yoga mat towel is definitely something to consider. Same goes if you’re one of the type whose hands and feet sweat a lot.
Is owning a Manduka Yogitoes mat towel absolutely necessary? No. You can certainly use a regular towel over your mat, but from my personal experience a regular towel simply moves and bunches up during my practice and isn’t as sweat absorbent as I would like it to be.
The Yogitoes solves all these problems and makes your yoga practice distraction free so you can put your focus entirely on Yoga.
While the price is quite up there for a yoga mat towel, keep in mind that you do get what you pay so you end up owning a durable and high quality yoga mat towel. While it’s unfortunate that there’s dye loss when you wash it, I haven’t found anyone complain that the colors faded to nothing. What I also like is that Manduka regularly releases Yogitoes in gorgeous limited edition new prints and colors.
Where can I Purchase the Manduka Yogitoes Yoga Mat Towel?
Leave a comment or question below.
PS: I respond to all comments.